Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DAYS OF OUR PARK SLOPE LIVES: "I Didn't ASK You to Help Me"

I love him. I love him. I looooove him. Tell me why, then, am I currently imaging what it would feel like - correction - how satisfying it would feel, to inflict some form of (mild to medium) pain on him.

I have been married for exactly three months. Please don't get me wrong. I love my husband (as I iterated and reiterated above). He is intelligent, warm, charming, and funny. And, he COOKS. And, I don't just mean that the man can boil pasta. He is truly superb. But, right now? He's paying the bills. I should be grateful; I really should. But, I cannot find any grateful in me when he is asking me why I felt the need to spend $178.00 on Gilt Groupe last month. I mean, honestly, that's not even THAT much. I exhibited massive self-restraint during the Marc by Marc Jacobs sale. I practically saved us money.

NEWLYWED ADVICE, #1: Dear Newlywed Young Woman (NYW), get your own credit card.

NEWLYWED ADVICE, #2: Dear NYW, do not accept your husband's generous offer to handle the bills, unless you have (a) followed Advice #1 and (b) hide your own credit card bills.

No comments: