Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ASK MISS MAISY: "JEGGINGS"

An excellent fashion & comfort question!

~~~

Dear MM,

I want a pair of skinny jeans ... I think. But, then, every time I go and try a pair on, I hate them on me. I even bought a pair, and they just feel so restricting. My friends tell me that I look great, but I CAN'T stop feeling as though my legs are corseted in, by the binding denim. Do I really need a pair, or is there an adequate substitute?

Thanks,
Fashion-Bound

~~~

Dear FB,

THANK YOU FOR THIS QUESTION. It gives me the opportunity to tout the greatest fashion invention since jeans themselves. Introducing (insert drum roll please) ...

JEGGINGS.

That's right - JEAN LEGGINGS. Boy-O-Boy are you going to enjoy wrapping those thighs into these little slices of heaven!!

I must still advocate the necessity of a good pair of skinny jeans in any respectable wardrobe; HOWEVER, I know exactly how you feel. Kate Moss rocks them effortlessly, but one of my thighs is probably equivalent to all of her limbs fused together, and squeezing those bad boys into tight, constricting, skinny jeans feels a bit like bondage.

Jeggings, on the other hand, have a little less structure, and a little more elasticity. So, you have the look of jeans, with the comfort of leggings. I have heard that there are several great brands out there, including J Brand, but I stand by my COH (Citizens of Humanity). http://www.citizensofhumanity.com/collections_.html
They don't bag, sag, or drag, and you could practically curl up to sleep in these puppies. Not to mention, they have the perfect waist line - no granny pants nor Lindsay Lohan butt crack. Just a nice, tasteful, stylish fit. My only word of advice, dear FB - buy them at least one, if not two, sizes smaller than you normally wear. They have a lot of stretch in them.

In summary, the fashion holy trinity of skinny pants is (1) a good pair of skinny jeans, (2) a good pair of leggings (I haven't found anything that compares to Splendid , and (3) JEGGINGS.

Trust me, your thighs will thank me.

Thanks for writing,
MM

No comments: